ASPLOS 2013 will be held at Houston’s Four Seasons Hotel in the heart of Downtown Houston. A discounted conference rate of $159/night has been negotiated for all ASPLOS attendees at this hotel and can be used during March 15-22, 2013. To obtain this rate, please use the booking/promotional code of CI0313AC (the 0 in the code is a zero not the letter O). There are two ways in which you can make your reservation:
- By phone. Call 800-734-4114 (toll free number within US) or +1-713-650-1300 (from outside the US) and provide the booking code listed above.
- On the web. Click on the hotel link, select “MAKE A RESERVATION”, and use the booking code listed above.
In case of problems, send email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for obtaining the conference rate is February 22, 2013.
Conference attendees who did not obtain a room at the Four Seasons hotel are encouraged to explore alternate options on their own. Some possibilities with reasonable rates on hotels.com are:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston — Downtown Convention Center, 1810 Bell Street, Houston (0.35 miles to conference location).
- Crowne Plaza Houston Downtown, 1700 Smith Street, Houston (0.64 miles to conference location).
- Hilton University of Houston, 4800 Calhoun Road, Houston (2.7 miles to conference location).
- Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, 2712 Southwest Freeway, Houston (3.9 miles to conference location).
- Four Points by Sheraton Houston Southwest, 2828 Southwest Freeway, Houston (4.0 miles to conference location).
Another attractive option may be the hotels that are close to the Houston METRORail (http://www.ridemetro.org/Services/Rail.aspx). The closest METRORail stations to the conference hotel are located on the Main Street (5 minutes walking distance from the conference hotel). Some possibilities are:
- Hotel Zaza Houston, 5701 Main Street
- Houston Marriott at the Texas Medical Center, 6580 Fannin Street
- Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, 6633 Travis Street
- Best Western Plaza Hotel & Suites At Medical Center, 6700 Main Street
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Houston (Medical Center), 6800 Main Street
About Houston: As the fourth-largest city in the USA, Houston is a cosmopolitan destination filled with world-class arts, sports, dining, and nightlife that are all located in close proximity to the conference venue. The Houston Museum District , a tree-lined, three-square-mile area, incorporates multiple museums that feature outstanding collections and exhibitions of art, nature, science, medicine and history. Highlights include the Menil Collection, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston (MFAH) and the Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS). Houston is home to four professional sports teams including the city’s newest team, the Houston Dynamo, which brought professional soccer back to Houston in 2006 and will be moving to the new BBVA Compass Stadium in 2012. The downtown Theater District hosts several cultural, visual and professional performing arts organizations, including the Wortham Center, home to the Houston Ballet and the Houston Grand Opera, Jones Hall, home to the Houston Symphony, and the Alley Theatre, home to one of the nation’s best residential theater companies. Finally, Houston is well-known for its vast array of restaurants and bars, spanning a broad range of cuisines and price ranges.